Saturday, February 18, 2012

Weekend So Far

I've been looking forward to riding my bike today all week.  I even have my route all planned out:  I want to start at Log Boom Park and ride to Gas Works Park, and then back.  That's (I think) about 24 miles, round trip.  Unfortunately, the weather today is horrible.  At what point does it cross over into stupidity to try to make this work?  At the point where I realize it's pretty cold out?  No.  At the point where I see it's also raining?  No.  At the point where I notice how windy it is?  Okay, maybe.  I hate wind, and right now it's so windy that it's actually whistling outside.  Dang it.  (I still might go, though.)

Last night Baylee went to a birthday sleepover at her friend Molly's house, and Drew had Molly's brother Ethan over here.  Ethan is a type 1 diabetic, and, I swear, he waits to have his worst low blood sugar moments until he's at our place.  After being here all of fifteen minutes yesterday he came to me with, "I need juice right now.  This is the lowest my blood sugar has been in all of 2012."  We got it taken care of, but that kid is gonna give me a heart attack one of these days.

Often Baylee can be found sitting in a laundry basket in the laundry room, reading.  That's not weird, right?  lol  I think it's because it's warm and quiet in there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baylee may have a little "catness" in her nature. :-) They tend to curl up in boxes that the just (or just barely) fit into to have their little cat naps. It's charming and cute anyway.
Patty

Sue said...

LOL Yeah, you're right.

Kellie said...

My favorite spot to read when I was her age was in my closet which happen to be that little space under the stairs. I would surround myself with all of my stuff animals and my favorite blanket. Sometimes I even took a nap in there. Best reading spot ever.

Sue said...

That does sound like an awesome reading spot. I think I'd love something like a curtained-off bay window with a bench seat.