That's me playing a blind chick.
One day the director had a guest, a woman who was really blind, come and talk to us to help us get a feel for how to act the part. I have no memory of anything she told us, except for one thing: She said blind people don't carry bowls of hot soup, because it's almost impossible for them to do it without spilling. I guess it's a (lack of) eye-hand coordination thing? I don't know. I just know she said her husband always carried her soup for her.
Homework Assignment: Make some soup, put it in a bowl, close your eyes, and then walk around your house with it. Report back.
Here's another memory I had today: When I was a freshman in college I was bridesmaid in a wedding where the bride was extremely sick with mono. I mean, you should've seen the girl. She was as white as a sheet and couldn't stand for long periods. Despite all odds, the family decided to go through with the wedding. At one point during the ceremony the bride signaled the minister, he quickly told the congregation to bow their heads, and while he prayed she vomited into a bag. When she finished puking she hid the bag in a potted plant and the pastor said "Amen." They got through the wedding, but something tells me they didn't have a very fun honeymoon.
One of the gifts we got for Christmas this year was a 50-inch plasma TV. It was an amazing, incredible surprise, and we're almost speechless with thanks. None of us can quite believe it. It's not something we would've ever gotten for ourselves and it makes me feel a bit like this...
...but it's been a ton of fun so far. Watching TV almost feels like going to the movie theater! We gave our old TV to some friends of ours from church, so happiness all around!
PS: That bottom picture was the cover on the 1986 White Heart album, Don't Wait for the Movie. Remember that Christian group? Remember that album? I loved it and had every song memorized.


1 comment:
Wow, seeing that album cover brought back so many good memories.... Loved White Heart and that album was thier best.
Merry Christmas,
Stacey
Post a Comment