Friday, December 23, 2011

PMS

How come as soon as it's understood that PMS may have been involved, husbands always get a knowing look?  Listen, sometimes annoyed is just annoyed.  It doesn't have anything to do with hormones.

Me:  Oh, you probably think this explains everything, huh?

Mike:  [grins]

Me:  'Cause it doesn't.  I would've been irritated regardless.

Mike:  [keeps grinning]

Me:  In fact, I would've been irritated IRregardless!  That's how strongly I feel about it.

Mike: [grins some more, but stays strangely silent, probably in awe of my new and exciting use of bad grammar]

Me:  So there.

3 comments:

Craig MacDonald said...

Mike is indeed an intelligent fellow. Nowhere in that exchange did he say anything. He knows nothing that comes out of a husband's mouth in those "circumstances" will do anything but self-immolate.

Kellie said...

So true...our guys think they have us pegged. I hate it when I hear you are only feeling this way because it's "that" time.

Sue said...

I know. There's just something about it that's so exasperating. We don't say to men, "Aww, honey, calm down. That's just your male-pattern baldness speaking."