Wednesday, September 21, 2016

School for Two

Baylee is tired and unmotivated today, which has made homeschooling blah so far.  This morning I had to return her World History assignment with several check marks showing mistakes that needed to be corrected.  I also returned her English assignment on persuasive writing, because it had to be completely rewritten.  Finally, I  had to reteach her Physical Science lesson to her, because she didn't understand the teacher on the video.  Sigh.  (In her defense, that lesson was on significant figures, which is a really tricky concept.)  I think Baylee's main issue is that she's worn out, because she's been putting hours upon hours into practicing for a drum audition for next season's house band.  Try-outs are tomorrow, though, so, for better or worse, it'll be over after that.

Drew started college classes today!  He has three classes this quarter:  English Comp 101, Intro to Music Theory, and Piano.  Of those, he had English and Theory today.  He said he likes the English class, because it includes a lot of class discussion/debate over current topics.  He's a social guy and really gets into that kind of stuff.  On the other hand, the theory class was "the longest 50 minutes of [his] life."  He said it's too easy, so he's going to talk to the teacher tomorrow about testing out.  *shrug*  We'll see what happens, I guess.   One thing he did say, though, is that he LOVES being in the music building.  He said that there's something interesting going on wherever you turn, and that the students in there are cooler than anywhere else on campus.  lol

One other neat thing:  Drew said the school welcomed everyone by having all kinds of food trucks parked on campus with free food!

PS:  If you can't tell, I really like Shoreline CC.  I think it's a great place.  Oh, that reminds me:  Drew went to the dentist for a check-up the other day, and she asked him what his plans are for the fall.  He told her that he's attending Shoreline Community College and she said, "Oh!  I went there for two years and loved it!  Then I finished off my education at the University of Washington and hated it."

No comments: