The other day Mike was thinking out loud. "I wonder why He-Man always yelled, 'By the power of Greyskull, I have the power!' It makes no sense. It's like saying the same thing twice in a row. First he says he has power that originates from Greyskull, then he turns right around and says he has power again. It's lame."
Which is true and something I've never considered. However, He-Man also had a pageboy haircut. I think that explains a lot.
On a completely unrelated note, this was the sunset here recently.

6 comments:
Sue,
I emailed my comic book geek husband what you wrote about He-Man thinking he'd have some stupid, yet funny trivial fact about it as he often does about this kind of thing, but instead I got the following:
"He-Man is a ridiculous character designed only to sell plastic toys. It has no heart or soul, so expecting his slogan to make sense is silly. That said, I may be a little too judgemental........
Brad"
Which to me was still funny.
Camela
Yeah, because all the other comic book cartoons aren't designed to sell merchandise at all.
*grin*
Sue
Not to mention, did they or did they not make a cinematic sensation out of that cartoon starring the Shakespearean-trained (cough or something cough) Dolph Lundgren? I rest my case.
Sue
Hello Sue,
This is Brad, the afore-mentioned comic book geek husband of Camela.
I will admit that many cartoon series are designed to help sell toys. He-Man is unique though, in that the toys were designed first, and then the stories. Same for Tranformers and many 80's era cartoons.
The inspirations and originals in the field (Superman, Batman, Captain Marvel) were designed first for publishing and then licensed for media and toy tie-ins.
Based on the order, He-Man (and Transformers too, in my opinion) are soul-less creations.
Sorry to geek out. Happens at the worst times. :)
Brad
LOL Thanks, Brad! Wow. By the power of geekiness, you have the power!
Sue
Now see that was exactly the kind of comment I was looking for to begin with.
Camela
Post a Comment